Daughter got too crafty with her glitter
I had no idea how all of this messy craft supply got into the air vents so quickly, until I asked my daughter
You really have to be careful how you’re trying to entertain your kids these days. If you’re anything like me, you’re running out of ideas for keeping your children occupied during this long period away from public school. Whenever the pandemic started, we were excited to have so much quality time to spend with the kids at home. That sensation quickly decreased as the children got bored and we got fed up with their constant whining. I’ve been doing my best to come up with new activities for all of the kids to participate in, but if you aren’t watching, this plan can really backfire. Recently, we had a disaster occur with my daughter and a tube of glitter when it met the heating and cooling system. She had been playing with glue and glitter on construction paper on the floor when the phone rang. I answered the phone and came back only a moment later. Five minutes later, a plume of glitter went flying into the kitchen air and completely covered the room in a mess of sparkling powder. After my shock dissipated, I realized that the central cooling system was running and somehow the glitter was shooting out of air vents. Every time the air conditioning system turned on, more glitter seemed to appear from the extensive ductwork. It was littering our indoor air and I couldn’t imagine the damage it has done to the central HVAC system when it got stuck in the filters. I had no idea how all of this messy craft supply got into the air vents so quickly, until I asked my daughter. She proudly showed me the paper funnel that she had made to insert the fine glitter into every vent. For hours, I kicked myself for teaching her about funnels during our last activity day.